You are probably saying, “Its another start of the work week… OH GREAT, here comes that excessively chipper girl who just won’t let anything get her down.”
If you feel like your life is a clip from “Office Space”…. You have some other problems other than it being a Monday.
If you are grateful to have a job and/or a job you enjoy… SIEZE THE DAY! Then, kick back and pamper yourself.
What you will need:
Whipped cream vodka
Roses lime juice or lime infused simple syrup
Half and half
2 tablespoons of oatmeal
2 tablespoons of almonds
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of honey
You have everything? Great!… lets begin with our cocktail… priorities, ya know?
Side note: Roses lime juice has corn syrup, and if you avoid it, like me, you can make your own in about 30 minutes.
1. Squeeze 4 oz of lime juice (apx 5 limes- roll the limes on the table to make juicing easier)
2. Boil 4 oz of water.
3. Add 8oz of sugar and lime juice to boiling water.
4. Stir and simmer until sugar is dissolved and mixture is a little thick.
5. Let cool in a heat friendly container. I used an old spaghetti sauce jar.
Okay, let’s get to the good stuff… the Key Lime Martini
In a cocktail shaker mix
1.5 parts whipped cream or vanilla vodka
1 part lime juice
1 part whipped cream
Pour and sip casually while you make your fruity facemask and green hair mask.
Avocado hair mask:
1. Chop one ripe avocado and whisk in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of honey.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Apply to hair, and wrap hair in a shower cap, a towel, or a gallon ziplock bag.
6. Leave in for 30 minutes, rinse and shampoo and condition as usual.
1. Blend oatmeal and almonds in blender
2. Add ½ chopped mango (eat the other half because mango is amazing)
3. Add a teeny bit of water if needed.
5. Apply to face.
6. Let dry for 15 minutes. (Store left over in an airtight container in the fridge)
The cocktail is delicious and sweet and strong. The avocado hair mask left my hair feeling refreshed and hearty! I could feel its thickness and shine, it was really amazing! The mango mask made my skin feel smooth and moisturized and clean.
Above all, remember to carve out some time for yourself today and enjoy your Monday (and everyday)!
Stay happy and hard-working!